AOL is one of the first internet service providers. AOL has allowed its users to create multiple accounts. But occasionally, it becomes difficult to manage multiple accounts, so users choose to delete the AOL account. Often users look for the process of how to delete AOL account?
Mostly, users are not familiar with the method and report how do I permanently delete my AOL email account. There might be different situations when users seek to delete their AOL account. The best thing is that you can remove your AOL account at any time.
There are many things you should know before you initiate the process to delete AOL email account.
Review them carefully:
- To delete a master AOL account or linked AOL accounts, you need to delete each username separately.
- If you want to delete the master username, you must wait for 30 days after you have eliminated all added usernames.
- In case you are using the paid subscription plans for your AOL account, there must be no remaining balance, and you have canceled the paid subscription at least before 90 days.
- You must back up all the data sync with that email before you cancel AOL account because when you delete your AOL account, you will lose all the contents.
So, if you are trying to delete AOL account and need some guidance, this blog is especially for you. Read the steps carefully to terminate your account without any stress.
How do I permanently delete my AOL email account?
- If you make up your mind and want to proceed to delete your account permanently, you need to close the entire AOL account. In any situation, you need to retrieve any information from your AOL account, reactivate your AOL account within 90 days.
- Another thing that requires is your username and password. You must know your login credentials accurately. If someone hacked your account or you forgot your login credentials, you will not be able to deactivate AOL account. So, you need to reset your account password first.
- Another situation, you haven’t open your AOL account for many weeks and don’t remember the details, things might get complicated for you. Sometimes, it’s become very tough to retrieve or reset the account details of an old AOL account. You might need to ask your friends or colleagues if you don’t memorize your email.
In such situations, your AOL account deactivated due to inactivity, but users can reactivate it by login again. Deleting your account permanently means that you will no more utilize your AOL email again, and your AOL username will delete forever.
Looking for how to delete an AOL email account, well, there are many ways to do it. Below we have penned down everything you need to know regarding the process.
If you are using a Windows PC, the process is quite simple for you. Just go through the steps one by one carefully to close AOL account successfully.
Steps to delete AOL mail account
If you are using a free AOL account and want to deactivate it, the following steps will help you with it. But if you have paid subscription for your AOL mail account, first you need to cancel that subscription and clear all the dues, only then you can proceed with the steps mentioned below.
The following steps will teach you how you delete an AOL email account through your Windows or Mac PC. Let’s start.
- Login to your AOL account: The first and foremost thing that you need to do is, log in to your AOL account by entering your login credentials. For this, open any web browser on your system and type www.mail.aol.com in the URL. Now, enter your username and password in the required fields.
- Cancel Active Subscriptions: AOL offers a variety of subscriptions and services to its users. If you have any activated plans or remaining balance in your AOL account, you need to cancel it or need to wait until it over automatically. You will also need to clear all the dues for your AOL account to finish the process.
- Delete all the username: Do you have multiple AOL account under one master account? First, you need to delete them one by one. Only after that, you can close the master account.
- Remove the AOL account permanently: Once you completed the above steps, now, the remaining few steps will help you to complete the process without any trouble. Open the Manage My Subscription option and click on the Cancel tab. Next, you need to provide a reason to cancel your subscription. After that, click on the Cancel AOL option.
Your AOL account will be deactivated permanently after you clicked on that link.
Well, this is how easily you can delete or cancel the AOL account by using the Windows and Mac operating systems.
Must Read: How to turn off AOL auto login?
Occasionally, users asked can I delete my AOL email account by using my iPhone. Yes, you can cancel your AOL account by using your iPhone. The following steps will help you with the process, let’s have a look:
- Go to the settings and scroll down to open the Mail
- Next, tap on the accounts.
- After that, select the AOL account.
- Here you will find the option to delete the selected AOL account.
- Click on the Delete Account option to remove the AOL account from your iPhone.
This how quickly you can delete your AOL account and all the associated data from your iPhone.
Mostly, the android phone users downloaded the AOL app on their device to access AOL mail services. This app allows you to add as many AOL accounts as you want. If you are looking for the process how do I permanently delete my AOL email account by using the AOL app, here we have listed some easy steps to complete the process efficiently. Go through them carefully.
- Open the AOL app on your phone and go to the settings option.
- Now, scroll down and click on the Manage Account
- After that, click on the Edit
- Next, you need to select the account you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete Now tab to delete the AOL account from your android mobile device.
Always remember that email accounts are quite different from social media accounts. If you delete your AOL mail account, you will not be able to retrieve or save any information later on. It’s gone permanently.