Even though antivirus programs like Avast are potent in blocking malicious websites and viruses and trojans from entering the computer, they might face downtime.
You might find these antivirus programs blocking your access to sites or preventing you from running applications that you know are safe to use in several cases. Or they offer pre-installed options that you want to change in such cases.
Thus, you need to know how to temporarily disable Avast?
Deactivating the antivirus is a drastic step that you should avoid in most cases, as it leaves your system wholly unprotected and can be easily invaded. Even if you face issues opening specific files that you are sure to do that don’t contain malware, it is best to temporarily disable Avast in mac or windows.
Every antivirus sparingly makes errors even with modern heuristics and the advanced technologies used to develop them. Usually, even the best antivirus programs may face false positives that will block the websites or the executables.
But the best part about these programs is that you can easily deactivate or uninstall them temporarily. This will help to know how do I turn off Avast. Sticking to temporarily deactivating the program is the best option as disabling Avast entirely is an aggressive measure that will leave your system unguarded.
Whereas if you know how to deactivate Avast temporarily, you can retain some amount of protection.
Turning Off or Disable Avast Antivirus
Irrespective of whether you need to turn off Avast entirely to run a specific program that is blocked by Avast, or you need to install an application that Avast blocks continuously. It’s best to know how to disable Avast.
A few other options include allowing the programs or the applications so that they don’t get blocked by the application or turning off the antivirus features that lead to the blocking of the application program.
Firstly let us look at the steps to turn off Avast for a specific period completely or permanently turn off the antivirus.
- Start by locating the orange color Avast icon on the right-hand side of your taskbar. Remember that you might need to click on the up-arrow to show the hidden icons.
- After locating the Avast ion, you need to right-click on it and select the Avast shield control from the pop-up menu.
- After that, you need to select option “disable Avast” for a set amount of time or indefinitely, which will mean disabling Avast per amenity from the expanded menu that shows up. You can disable the program that you want by simply left-clicking on it.
- To turn Avast back on, you need to right-click on the Avast icon that you want to start, scroll through the Avast shield control and choose to enable all the Avast shields.
Allow Programs and Websites Blocked By Avast
If you are not aware of how to deactivate Avast, you can remove the programs or the websites from the blocklist as long as you feel safe.
The simple steps you need to follow to allow the programs are as follows:
- Start by opening the Avast dashboard and clicking the menu option followed by the settings option in the top-right hand corner of the dashboard.
- After which, you need to click on the exceptions option from the general tab to bring down the necessary options.
- Next, click on the add exception and type the URL or browse the program that you want to remove from the blocklist and hit add exceptions. For example, if you are typing the website, you need to hit browse to locate the program you want to the exception list.
Click here to know more.
Disabling Specific Features Of Avast
Before you find out how to disable Avast antivirus, you can choose to learn how to disable the specific option of the antivirus unless you need to disable Avast its best only to disable the specific features that are blocking your actions.
- Firstly open the Avast dashboard and superior protection from the left-hand menu. After selecting protection, choose core shields.
- The core shield menu will offer you four different shields that you can disable. It would help if you chose which of the four you need to disable and turn them off to disable them.
Uninstalling Avast Antivirus on Windows 10
If you plan to install new antivirus software or are not happy with Avast, you need to know how to disable antivirus on Windows 10.
There are a couple of options that you may follow to disable it altogether. You can choose to do it manually or by using the Avast uninstall utility.
To Uninstall Avast Manually:
Step 1: The first thing you need to remember is to make sure that Avast is closed.
Step 2: The next step is to type add or remove programs and hit enter in the windows search bar present in the taskbar.
Step 3: As soon as you do this, a list of your programs and applications will pop up on the screen. All you need to do is locate the Avast application by scrolling down until you find it or using the search feature for a quicker result.
Once you find the application, click on it and hit the uninstall button and follow through the prompts to uninstall Avast from your system successfully.
Uninstalling Avast Using The Avast Uninstall Utility
There is another way to how do I turn off Avast, and the answer is quite simple.
- Download the “Avast utility” application and restart your computer.
- Now, start your PC in safe mode.
- Open the “Avast utility application”.
- Once you open the Avast uninstall utility, click on “uninstall software.”
- Once you complete the uninstallation steps, restart the computer.
Is Uninstalling Or Disabling Avast Completely A Right Option?
Unless there is a need to disable the antivirus, it is best to know how to disable Avast antivirus temporarily.
As discussed before, completely disabling the program may lead to the invasion of various malicious components. The other reason to keep it as a last resort is that various other options can help you solve the issues. So unless you want to install a new antivirus or are not happy with the services, it is best to temporarily close antivirus.