What do you think, has technology affected our lives?
Doubtlessly, we are living in a smarter world today. Technology made everything as simple as ABC. With each passing day, these smart products are making their own space in our lives. Such one product is Smartwatches which work in a quite similar manner to smartphones.
In the past few years, we can observe the changes and development in the smartwatches. Several companies in the market have launched smartwatches with excellent features. But if we choose the best, nothing compares to Garmin Smartwatch.
If you are using Garmin Smartwatch, you must know or hear about Garmin Connect. Without any doubt, Garmin Connect App accelerates its popularity but many of us don’t have fair information about “What Garmin Connect App is?”
Garmin Connect is a one-stop destination to control and manage Garmin Smartwatches. Garmin Connect tracks your health activities, workouts, and other activities. Once you compare your Garmin device with the Garmin Connect App, it starts trailing health activities automatically.
Sounds easy right, well, expectedly it is.
There are many more you can do with this, and to avail of all, these super kicky services Download Garmin Connect App now. But first, let us discuss How it works and what its features are?
Excited to know? Let’s get started.
How to use the Garmin Connect Application?
Are you dabbled with any cycling or running activity?
Then probably you are using or must have tried a lot of online training logs and applications to track and manage your performance. Garmin connect has all of these. Nothing is complicated here. The process is so simple that we can summarize it in the following three steps:
- Download and install the Garmin Express on your phone or system.
- Connect or sync the Garmin device with it.
- Monitor your activities and progress.
Well, yes. Garmin Connect Login also allows you to connect with your friends and share your activities with them.
Must read: Why Can I Not Login to my Garmin Account?
What are the features of the Garmin Connect App?
After reaching this point, you might be excited about what are the excellent features that have offered by the Garmin Connect mobile app.
Expectedly you are.
Below we have outlined some impressive features of this stunning application. Let’s have a look:
- Routinely analyze your daily activities and statistical data.
- Create your customized workouts and training courses.
- Earn badges after accomplishing daily or weekly goals.
- Review your records and set new goals accordingly.
- Share your daily activities with friends.
- Create a new competition or join the competition.
- Transfer and backup data
- Easily sync other apps such as Strava, my fitness pal.
- Create a to-do list.
How to download and install the Garmin Connect efficaciously?
Are you struggling with Garmin Connect download? Or you are feeling dicey because you are not familiar with the downloading process.
Garmin keeps it simple and convenient. Garmin Connect readily available on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. But before initiating the process, first, go through the system requirement we have mentioned below, and make sure that your device is meeting all these requirements precisely.
- Operating system 4.4 or newer version
- Bluetooth 4.0 or later
- Operating System 10.11 or higher
- Suits well with iPods, iPhones, and iPads
- Operating System 10 or higher
- Integrated Bluetooth
Once done, go to the google play store or Apple app store and download the Garmin Connect Mobile App on your device.
That’s all. This is how easily you can download the Garmin Connect on your device.
Now, let’s proceed towards the installation process.
We’ve explained the installation and setup process below. Go through it thoroughly:
Installation and setup for iOS:
- Go to the Apple App Store and search for the Garmin Connect App.
- Now, click the first option from the list and open it.
- Next, click on the Get and Install
- Wait until the download completed successfully.
- After that, click on the Open
- Switch on the Bluetooth and let it discover the Garmin device.
- Now, click on the device’s name to hook it with the Bluetooth.
- After that, launch the Garmin Connect app.
- Here, it will ask you to sign-in in the existing account or create a new account. Select the option accordingly.
Installation and setup for Android:
- First, open the Play Store and search for the Garmin Connect.
- Click the option from the list.
- Next, click on the Install tab and wait until it downloaded successfully on your device.
- After that, click on the Open
- After that, you need to pair your Garmin device with the Bluetooth. For this, switch on the Bluetooth and place the Garmin device near to it so that it can discover it.
- Once it paired successfully, launch the Garmin Connect app.
- Here it asks to login to the existing account or create a new account. Select one option accordingly.
Precisely, these steps will help you with the installation and setup.
Even though the market flooded with the applications compete with the Garmin Connect, no device can beat it till today. Why?
Well, the credit goes to the advantages and excellent features it offers to the customers. There is a list of benefits one can enjoy while using it. We’ve summed up a few of them below.
What are the Pros of using Garmin Connect?
- Excellent workflow with the user-friendly interface
- Social sharing through the Garmin community, Facebook, and Twitter
- In-built maps
- Data and trend back up
- Compatibility with different devices such as iPhone, Android devices, tabs, Garmin connect PC, and Mac.
- Saves all data and convert it in easy charts.
The only drawback of this companion application is, it drains the battery due to the continuous use of GPS and Bluetooth. Apart from that, there is nothing that can disappoint you.
Commonly occurring errors with the Garmin Connect:
Nothing is perfect and works in the same manner always.
Despite being the best in its field, we can’t ignore the technical glitches encountered occasionally. Among them, Garmin not syncing with Garmin connect is the most commonly occurring issues.
Apart from that, there are some other common issues reported by the users often. Here we’ve listed a few below.
- Garmin Connect app not working
- Garmin Connect app not working on iPhone
- Garmin not syncing with Garmin connect
- Garmin sync failed device connection error
- Garmin connect Bluetooth issues
- Garmin connect syncing but no data
- Garmin connect pairing failed
- Garmin connect activities not uploading
- activity won’t upload to Garmin connect
- Garmin connect activities not uploading to Strava
- Garmin Connect not syncing with Strava
- Garmin connect missing activity
These issues can occur at any time with any Garmin device.
Don’t be hangdog.
Fortunately, with the help of some troubleshooting steps, users can get rid of these issues effectively. Below we have outlined some general troubleshooting steps for a few particular errors.
# Garmin Connect sync errors: If you’ve switched off the Bluetooth of your device unintentionally or your Garmin device is not in range, you may likely face these errors. Follow the given steps to fix Garmin not syncing with Garmin Connect:
- Go to settings and turn on the Bluetooth.
- Relaunch the Garmin Connect app.
- Restart your mobile device.
- If nothing works, re-install the Garmin connect and then try again.
# Garmin Connect Pairing failed error:
Are you frequently receiving messages says that Garmin Connect pairing failed?
Make sure that you’ve entered the six-digit pairing code correctly. After that, reboot your device and then try to pair it again.
# Garmin Connect is not working:
Some times, users are using an outdated application or mobile device. Due to this, their Garmin Connect not working on iPhone. To fix this issue, update your device to its latest version.
# Garmin Connect Bluetooth error:
Well, the Garmin connect not working with Bluetooth issues can quickly fix with the simple rebooting your device.
# Garmin data is not syncing with Strava:
When the Garmin Connect didn’t establish a good connection with Strava, users frequently encounter Garmin Connect not syncing with Strava issues. Visit the settings of your device and then reconnect the Garmin device again.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting steps will help you to fix the issues.
If the problem still exists, reach us at any time by dialing our helpline number. We are working 24*7 to provide the best services to our customers.
Read more: How to update Garmin Nuvi 1450?
1) How to remove a device from Garmin Connect App?
At times, if you need to remove the Garmin device from the Garmin Connect app, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Garmin Connect app.
- Click on the Menu option from the upper left corner.
- Scroll- down from the list and select your Garmin device.
- Now, press and hold the image of the selected Garmin device.
- Select the Remove option from the pop-up window.
- After that, unpair it also from the Bluetooth settings.
2) How to set goals on Garmin Connect App?
In case you are using the Garmin Connect for the training purposes, it allows you to set goals according to your requirements.
Get started with the following steps:
- Open the Garmin Connect app and sign-in to your Garmin account.
- Look at the right-hand corner of the screen and click on the Goals
- Now, click the Create a new Goal
- Give a name to your Goals and select the type of activity.
- After that, set the target and choose the time scale according to your requirements.
3) How to set the alarm on Garmin Connect App?
Users can set the alarm using the Garmin Connect application easily. It notifies users on scheduled time. The given steps will help you to set the alarm without any hassle.
- Open the Garmin Connect app by clicking on its icon.
- Click on the app menu from the upper right corner(android device) or at the bottom right corner(iOS device).
- Now, click on the device setting
- After that, select the alarm
- Next, toggle up the alarm, and set the time and frequency.
- Sync your Garmin device
The alarm successfully set for your Garmin device.
4) How to change the default sleep setting on my Garmin Connect App?
This feature helps you to calculate your sleep activity. Users can change the default sleep settings to improve the accuracy of the information provided.
- Open the Garmin Connect App, and then select the menu
- Select the settings> users settings> bed time> wake time.
- Input the data accordingly and then click on Ok.
- Now, exit the settings.
That’s how you can change the settings easily.