Does your Garmin Express icon disappear often?
Probably, this situation gets on your nerves.
Undoubtedly, it is one of the most frustrating flaws you can face while using any Garmin device. You are not able to do anything with your Garmin. Whether you want to update your Garmin or need to register a new Garmin device, you feel annoyed and helpless.
If you are looking to resolve the Garmin Express icon missing error, this guide can help you a lot with this.
What are you waiting for now?
Just go through this guide patiently and know how to fix it.
Note: Surely, if you are reading this, you have installed the Garmin Express on your PC, in case you haven’t, click here to know how you can Download and install Garmin Express.
What are the probable reasons?
Whenever you encounter the Garmin Express icon Missing Problem, you must be thinking of why? Even if you fix it multiple times, the same is happening again and again.
Is that so?
Well, let us make you understand the most probable reasons that cause this glitch frequently.
- Garmin Express not installed on your device correctly.
- Maybe there is some issue with your system. To check this, try by creating a new profile on another system.
- Another possible reason is that your computer system is not updated.
- Also, check that you have installed the latest version of the Garmin Express on your device.
Note: Click on the link to know How to Update Garmin Express?
You might be facing the problem due to any of these or maybe due to two or more reasons. It’s always useful to know the cause before you step towards the resolutions.
Must read: How to fix Garmin sign in failed issue?
How to fix it?
We know you are anxiously looking to fix the issue of the Garmin Express icon not opening.
Well, here we come with some quick fixes. Below, we have outlined some easy troubleshooting steps to get rid of this.
#Change the settings of your desktop: If your Garmin Express icon is missing from your desktop screen, you must check the settings of your desktop first. Thinking about how to do it, don’t worry, do the followings:
- Initiate the process by closing all the programs opened on your device.
- After that, go to the home screen > right click here and then choose the option Show Desktop Icon.
- You need to enable it, in case it’s disabled by default.
- Next, refresh the home screen to verify the changes you have made.
- If the problem still exists, reboot your system.
Note: Rebooting helps you refresh the settings and changes you’ve recently made.
#Get rid of the Malware and Viruses: Never take these alerts casually. Whenever you receive an alert, scan your computer immediately to remove them with the help of an antivirus.
Note: If you are not using any antivirus currently, download a reliable and trusted one from the authentic site.
Now, follow the given steps to run the scanner on your system.
- Start the process by double-tapping the antivirus you have installed.
- Wait until the scanning ended successfully.
- If any infected file is detected, you can see it on your screen.
- Next, locate the infected file and right-click on it.
- Here, click on the Remove option to delete the infected file.
Once the files are removed from the system, you will receive a Successful message on your screen.
Now, reboot your system after the removal of the infected files.
#Keep the Garmin Express file on your dock: One of the easiest ways to retrieve the missing icons is through the dock section.
You only need to perform the following steps:
- Visit the primary drive from the device.
- Now, go to the software installed and locate the Garmin folder
- Next, right-click on the Garmin Express to create the desktop shortcut.
- After that, right-click on the desktop icon of the Garmin Express.
- From here, go for the option to keep it on the dock.
- Save the settings, and you have made it correctly.
Expectedly, now your issue has been resolved.
Still not seeing any icon on your screen.
Don’t worry. We have some more relevant solutions for you.
#Another troubleshooting steps:
- If nothing is working, check and fix the broken file on the Garmin Express by reinstalling it.
- Another option is by Disabling Task Scheduler. To achieve this, follow the steps given below one by one:
- Open the Window start Menu > Program > Accessories > System Tool.
- Now, go to the Microsoft Windows and choose the Windows
- Here, click on the Diagnosis option to open the schedule.
- Next, right-click to disable the activate scheduler.
- To finish it, Reboot your system and get back your missing icon.
- Next, Format all the Cache Files.
- If your desktop is full of shortcut icons, delete them all to fix your issue.
Positively, after implementing all these troubleshooting steps, you will retrieve the Garmin Express missing icon successfully. Now, you can easily manage your Garmin devices with the help of the Garmin Express app. Keep tracking your travel history, update your Garmin device, and enjoy traveling without any hassle.
For further assistance for the same concerns, you can speak to our Garmin Experts by dialing our helpline number at any time a day. Our experts will help you with smart tips to fix the issues.
Also read: How to download Garmin connect app?