There are times when you stuck yourself in a dead-end in the middle of the journey (because you haven’t update TomTom GPS for a long). Well, driving with an outdated map could affect your journey adversely.
So, if you want to avoid unwanted circumstances, you need to perform the TomTom GPS update from time to time. Most of the time, users need to update an old map, or sometimes they need to purchase a new Map.
I hope you guys know this thing.
Now, let’s focus on our primary concern, how to update TomTom GPS when you don’t have a computer with you. Anyone of you can encounter this situation. Well, the good news is, if you have an internet connection, you can update TomTom GPS from anywhere.
Important: Be aware of using any public wifi network. Neither it is safe, nor it will not provide the required speed.
Let’s start the procedure.
Steps to update TomTom GPS without a computer
Before you being, make sure that you have already installed My drive connect or TomTom Home software. It will not only help you with the TomTom map update, but you can also easily manage your TomTom device smoothly.
Note: You can download the software from the official website of TomTom.
Above all, you need to be in the required network range so that you can complete the TomTom GPS update procedure without any interruptions.
Below we have penned down the complete procedure of updating the TomTom maps. Go through the steps cautiously:
- First of all, connect your device with the wifi, switch on your device, and then do the following.
- Click on the main menu option and go to the settings.
- Here you find the wifi tab, click on it, and confirm the connection.
- Once connected, login to your TomTom account(Well, if you don’t have, you need to create one to continue).
Attention: Make sure that your TomTom and other device is connected to the same wifi network.
- Once logged in, check for the TomTom GPS update. For this, click on the menu > setting > new items.
- Tap on Install now options to download the TomTom map updates on your device.
- Once the update is downloaded successfully, reboot your device.
Rebooting will help your device to read new data(you can also check it manually by visiting the map info option).
There you go. Now, you can complete your journey happily.
For more info, watch this video:
That’s how simply you can update TomTom GPS. You don’t need to be tech-savvy at all. But, it’s always better if you update your GPS before you start your trip, or else you find yourself in a difficult situation. Because sometimes you don’t have internet connectivity.
Hopefully, you like this blog, and it will help you with your query of TomTom map update (without a computer). In case you have more doubts, you can write to us. Also, do let us know about this blog in the comment section below.
Must Read: How to update Garmin GPS?