The Netflix error code NW -2-5 specify an issue with your network connectivity, which implies your Netflix device cannot reach the Netflix server. It means that Netflix not connected to the Internet, or there is a barrier between the device and the Internet.
An issue might cause this error code with your device, your home internet, or the internet connection which you are using to connect your Netflix device.
At the time of Netflix Error NW-2-5 occurs, you will show an error message on screen:
Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 can appear on the devices which installed a Netflix App, including with the game consoles and other streaming like Roku, Hulu, Blue-Ray Players, and other smart TVs.
Note: This Guide will help you troubleshoot Netflix Error Code for all devices that can stream Netflix; however, there are some other steps for Xbox and PlayStation users to fix it.
Read How to Fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5
These steps you will have to implement to fix Error code NW-2-5 may vary for the different devices you are using. To explain, you are incapable of verifying or modifying the DNS settings on the device.
Follow the steps to resolve a Netflix Error Code NW-2-5:
- Click on the “Try Again” button on the screen. Sometimes it works.
- Restart your Netflix device.
Many devices have a sleep mode, maybe your device one of them. You will need to shut down your device and start again properly. Sometimes, you have to unplug your device for a minute.
- Verify the Internet Connection: Verify that your device is correctly connected with the Internet. Check the internet connectivity by the available options. If your device doesn’t have an opportunity to check the internet connection, try to stream a video or a web page to review the internet connection.
- Check your Internet that helps online streaming: Are you connected to a public shared network at your office or in your college? Might be network administrators have disabled access to streaming services.
- Reestablish Your Internet Connection: Power off your router and modem. You may also require to disconnect them to fix the problem.
- Check your DNS settings: Some device doesn’t have the option to check the DNS settings. If you are inadequate to verify the DNS settings, skip this choice.
- Try a Cable Connection or Check your Wi-Fi signals: You will feel a better experience if you are using an Ethernet cable connection at your home to connect your streaming device with the Internet. If it is not possible, remove all barriers between your streaming device and router.
- Reach with your ISP: If still, you are getting a Netflix Error NW-2-5 after applying all these steps. It may be a restriction with the network. Contact your ISP and fix it.
Necessary: Many ISPs provide the Internet with the parent controls. It would help if you disabled it to use Netflix.
Here is some steps to know how to fix error code NW-2-5 on particular devices like Blu-ray Player, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Roku, Set-top-box or Streaming Media Player, Smart TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One.
Troubleshoot Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 on Blu-Ray Player
Lethargic internet speed might be a reason on Error code NW-2-5 on Blu-ray Player. You need to continuously test your internet speed to enjoy Netflix on your Blu-ray player without any barrier.
Check your Network Support Streaming or Not?
Few networks impair to save the bandwidth or for some other reason. If you are using an internet connection in a university, hotel, or other significant public networks, you have to communicate with the network administrator to permit the streaming services. If you are using your network, then you will not face this issue.
How to fix Netflix code NW-2-5 on Xbox One?
A slower internet connection can cause of error code NW-2-5 on Xbox one. If you are using your mobile internet connection, we don’t recommend to use it. For better performance, use a high-speed internet connection.
Configure Xbox DNS settings:
Here are the steps to change the Xbox DNS settings:
- Tap on ‘Menu’ button.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Choose ‘Networks’.
- Now go to ‘Network Settings’.
- Select ‘Advanced settings’.
- Tap on ‘DNS Settings’.
- Now select ‘Automatic’ & save it.
Restart your Internet:
Unplug your added devices like video game console and other accessories for a short of time and wait until your network has been established successfully.
How to know if you’re streaming device is connected to the Internet?
As we know, Netflix Error Code NW 2-5 is occurred due to the Internet connectivity error. So, before applying all other steps, you need to fix your internet connection problem. You need to check it according to your device, which one you are using.
If your device doesn’t have an option to troubleshoot the network issue, then try to use another app which one is required an internet connection. If this app is working successfully and can access the Internet, then your internet connection is working successfully.
How to Restart your Netflix device or Home Network:
Many times your problem Netflix code NW-2-5 can be fixed by restarting your device. That means you need to shut down your streaming device properly, remove the power source once, and put it back to the power source.
Restart your Internet by the same options:
- Switch off your modem and router.
- Remove the power cable from the power board.
- Wait for 10-20 seconds.
- After that plugin, it again in the power source and start your streaming device.
Now, you need to check the internet connection that your device is successfully connected to the Internet or not.
How to check your DNS Settings?
Many devices allow you to check the DNS settings, which can help you to resolve Netflix Error Code NW-2-5.
Upgrade your Internet Connection:
Many times, upgrade an internet connection can fix Netflix Error Code NW-2-5 error. Occasionally, the user faces a problem to stream a video on Netflix due to poor Wi-Fi connection, congested network, or interference from other networks that can cause a Netflix code NW-2-5.
The best way to resolve this error is to use an Ethernet cable connection to connect your streaming device with the Internet.
Note: Many devices don’t have an Ethernet port. You can use a USB “USB to Ethernet” cable adapter for your device.
Conclusion: In this article, we describe the most straightforward steps to fix Netflix Error code NW-2-5. If you are still not able to resolve it, you can contact the Official Netflix help center.